Monday, April 13, 2009

Baisakhi

My head belongs to thee,
the one who set me free.
In my heart I have always known,
the beauty of God, which the Guru has shown.
How to manifest it, and bring it out,
When you have been trained to forget and doubt?
It is Dharma, which keeps me on track,
being on this path, I will never lack.
Awakening to truth, is a continuous path,
doing the work daily to escape maya's wrath.
The birth of the Khalsa is my birthday too,
The birth of consciousness, brought forth by Guru.
Today I celebrate my true identity,
one of the Khalsa, a sovereign entity.
A free nation beyond even earth and sky,
God's own soldier-saints, on a mission so high.
To live for the protection and service for all,
To live righteously, and answer the Guru's call.
Today we are free, we are strong, we are blessed.
We are the Guru's children, we live to our best.
Bole So Nihaaal!
Sat Siri Akaaaal!

WaheGuru Ji Ka Khalsa, WaheGuru Ji Ki Fateh!

2 comments:

Gurvinder said...

good one

Sifar said...

Very well put into words. Proud to be a Khalsa. Best wishes to you Prabhu Singh jee, to all your readres and to the whole Sikh world on Baisakhi. Planning to be in Albuquerque this weekend. Hope to see you there. Excellent Keertan video. Love it. Did you also record your friend doing the keertan.