Thursday, September 25, 2008

walking up a mountain

P1090582
You wouldn't believe it, but the mountain in this picture later became like a little spec in the distance when we reached the top of Mt. Blanca. This hike was real long.
P1090584
On the trail.
P1090585
It was still early in the morning.
P1090586
Starting to gain in elevation. Not yet realizing we weren't even 1/20th of the way there yet.
P1090589
My friends that made it out with me. Gurprakash Singh Ji and Hari Darshan Kaur Ji.
P1090591
Enjoying the view. It's good that I enjoyed it now, because when I saw this view again on the way down, I was totally wasted and only had enough will power to keep walking without really enjoying the view.
P1090593
This was a really cool site. The shadows of the mountains down upon the valley below, which I believe is the San Luis Valley.
P1090594
We reached the aspen belt and found a group of people camping Suburban-American style: drive instead of walk and lug all your junk including tv's and video games. At this point we were about 1/10th of the way there, but I believed we were probably 1/3 to 1/2 way. It really surprised me and the rest of us how long of a hike it was.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Check mail prabhublog@gmail

darren v said...

:}