Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Labor Day weekend

Wow this weekend I went on the toughest hike I'd ever been on! I did another 14er (14,000 foot peak) only this time we started from 8,000 feet. On Saturday, I woke up at 2 AM to do my sadhana then picked up two friends to leave EspaƱola at 3:15 AM. We then drove to the hike in Colorado. We parked the car and started walking around 5:45 AM. After doing the hike and only stopping a few times to eat we got back to the car at 7:00 PM. We were walking the majority of the time for 13+ hours. It was quite a unique experience and it was very challenging. I will have pictures later. I haven't looked at them yet. In the mean time I still have pictures from my last hiking adventure which I'll share.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You should try Hemkunt Sahib now. I did that this summer, one of the most challenging thing I have done in my life. It's about 15210 ft. above sea level and oxygen is very thin, makes you drowsy and confused.