Friday, June 20, 2008

I've been pretty busy

Well things are definitely getting busy around here. You probably saw on Gurumustuk Singh Ji's blog (mrsikhnet.com) that even the jethadar of the Akal Takht is visiting. I've been busy every night this week with some activity. Last night I had bhangra practice for a performance we do every year at the kick off event at the Summer Solstice Sadhana camp. The event is called Peace Prayer Day and it has a wide variety of entertainment and guests and is a great way for our community to host local and international guests in the spirit of peace. After practice I had to paint some sticks we're using as props, but then my brother and I finished working on the Geo Metro that we were rebuilding.
It started up, no problems whatsoever! It was as if I had just driven up and parked it a few minutes earlier, only now it runs nicer. There used to be a minor inconvenience where you had to rev it a little when in first gear, but somehow putting in new valve lifters of a different specification fixed that. My brother knew about that, but we didn't know which specification the old lifters were until we pulled them out, and then found out we had to order new ones.
So all in all, our first engine rebuild was a great success and next time we'll do it much quicker :-)

No comments: