Thursday, June 12, 2008

28

Twenty eight years to experience this earth,
blessed with the Sikh Dharma since my birth.
In reflection I know there is only One,
even more constant than the rising sun.
The great sun is hardly older than me,
when you look at time infinitely.
The past, the present, and the future converge,
we only ever have 'now' for our souls to merge.

With Dharma my life has meaning,
reduce my karmas, give my soul a cleaning.
Embody the light of my beloved Guru,
carry that forward in whatever I do.

Can I even express love to the degree I feel it?
When I think of how God has blessed me, I must admit:
'Truly I am blessed to have meditated for even a trice,
I have a treasure so immense, one can never set a price.'

The treasure of naam is within all,
it doesn't matter the name you call.
When you call on God, you call on yourself,
Sat Naam, true identity, is the greatest wealth.


ਜਪਿ ਮਨ ਸਤਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਸਦਾ ਸਤਿ ਨਾਮੁ ॥
Chant, O my mind, the True Name, Sat Naam, always Sat Naam.

ਹਲਤਿ ਪਲਤਿ ਮੁਖ ਊਜਲ ਹੋਈ ਹੈ ਨਿਤ ਧਿਆਈਐ ਹਰਿ ਪੁਰਖੁ ਨਿਰੰਜਨਾ ॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥
In this world, and in the world beyond, your face shall be radiant, by meditating continually on the immaculate Lord God. ||Pause||

2 comments:

Gurjeet Singh said...

Happy Birthday Hari Singh ji and Prabhu Singh ji... Very nice poetry.

Prabhu Singh said...

Thank you Ji :-)