Friday, May 30, 2008

Still haven't uploaded

I still haven't uploaded my photos from the weekend so here are some more photos from before. This is a town in Mexico called Taxco, which is a popular tourist destination and known for it's silver mines. The rest of my photos are in flickr.
Mexico 2007-2008
Mexico 2007-2008
Mexico 2007-2008
Mexico 2007-2008
I was there with my brother and sister-in-law as well as Siri Dyal Kaur Ji. Here, we were in one of the many shops selling silver products. This one also had a fake mine built into the back of it.
Mexico 2007-2008
Mexico 2007-2008
Here I am standing in one of the many cobblestone streets found in Taxco. The whole town is built into a hill and some of the roads are extremely steep. I don't think they have to worry about snow or ice though, considering this picture was taken in January, and it was warm :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow very nice :0 how did the locals receive you as you're in sikhi bana?

Prabhu Singh said...

Most places that I go to in the world, people stare at me. Some places more than others. Generally in Mexico I found that people stared at me less. This place is a tourist town, and so people try to be real nice to everybody to get their business.