Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Ever present needle

P1080661
This is on the road in front of my house looking towards my neighbor's house. Do you see something in the road?
P1080658
Here's a close-up. When heroine junkies need a fix, they'll get it from the dealer and stick it in their arm (or where ever) almost immediately and then throw the needle out the window on the way home.

This problem is so ubiquitous in this area. There was recently an article in the New York Times about this problem. The S.E.V.A. group that my friends and I started have been involved with various local programs and events to raise awareness and to help people suffering from this problem.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

could be an insulin needle but I guess that wouldn't make for such exciting content?

Prabhu Singh said...

It's really not exciting, it's endemic. The people in my neighborhood are not dealing insulin, I can assure you of that.
Twice now, a person almost died in this same spot across from my house due to overdose. The ambulance came and rescued them.