Friday, April 18, 2008

Planning ahead

Some people say:
"People make plans and God laughs"
However, People are part of God, and I don't think God is so petty.
Therefore I plan. It has always worked for me, and it has allowed me to cover for those who can't seem to plan.
This statement isn't without virtue as the play of the universe is more powerful than the will of an individual. However, the universe can also serve each of us. In fact all is the will of God and all is in service to us. "We are infinite souls, here for a human experience."
If I don't project, and act, and live righteously and with commitment, I find that I am not served very well. However, if I do these things (living with Dharma) then the universe is a prosperous and joyous play.
As a Sikh, I have a perfect Dharma, a righteous path that has not been corrupted that has been gifted from the Guru. I will not say that I perfectly follow Dharma, but God's message, God's will, God's gifted Dharma is perfect. Some of the beloved tools that help me live in Dharma, are sadhana (daily spiritual pracitce), sangat (holy congregation), nit naym (daily recitation of divine Gurbani), my identity as Khalsa, and of course the rehit (code of conduct), which requires me to do all of this. Another beloved tool that I use is Kundalini Yoga and White Tantric Yoga, these are powerful techniques for healing the body, healing the mind, meditating and thus clearing karmas. One such opportunity to combine all the lifestyle tools and techniques that I admire and incorporate into my life is the Summer Solstice Sadhana Camp.
You can come because you love meditation and yoga, you can come because you love sangat, you can come because you love New Mexico, you can come because you need peace, tranquility, spirit, energy, renewal, etc., etc. Whatever the reason, it is undeniably an unforgettable experience that will serve you for the rest of your life.
Therefore I plan to be there and I have already asked for the time off work (since I plan ahead).
Hope to see you all there.
Sat Naam.

No comments: