Monday, March 17, 2008

Question for the online sangat

There's something I've been wondering. It doesn't make any sense to me, and I was wondering if anybody else could explain it.
Often times I'll read a news article on Sikhnet News and I will read the comments afterwards. Most of the time, the stories are not written by Sikhnet, but are a reproduction of news in another location. With almost every story there will be comments (not just one!) where people are addressing their comments or questions directly at the people featured in the article. To me this is like asking an actor on the t.v. a question and expecting them to answer. Can anybody explain this phenomenon to me?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe it is just defined as an possibility that the person who return an reply, but the plethora of internet files and posts regarding the matter is just near-impossible to reply, depedning on the circulation of Sikhnet in the media. Otherwise, I have no answer, unless the question is directed to the sangat on the comment division.

Anonymous said...

I don't know, really don't. Maybe its because according to several studies the average indian iq is around 85? Compared to east asians@105 and white europeans@100

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IQ_and_the_Wealth_of_Nations

http://www.vdare.com/sailer/india.htm

Harpreet Gill

Anonymous said...

Actually you do get this phenomenon on other sites, such as wannabe Right-Wing Brit Rag called the Daily Mail.

www.dailymail.co.uk

& also I reckon on www.americanthinker.com you get same sort of thing (esp blog entries commenting on current affairs ugh)

So it could be, that on sikhnet, you usually get a more conservative crowd of sikhs.

Could be a link

I don't see the harm really. I kinda think the people are trying to ask rhetorical questions, but obviously like myself public school education, floride in the water, gm foods - rob us of the command of language & perhaps higher brain function to do so convincingly

Harpreet Gill

Anonymous said...

People just love to share their opinions.