Tuesday, February 12, 2008

We did see a lot of cool ruins

When we were in Mexico we saw all sorts of amazing ruins. This is from a place called Ek Balam. These are just a few pictures, later I'll put more.
Mexico 2007-2008
Mexico 2007-2008
Mexico 2007-2008
There has to be some adventure :-) Even if it's not a far jump, it's deep, so you definitely have to make it. That's my brother Hari Singh Ji.
Mexico 2007-2008
This is all you see, when you're at the top of the ruins. You can hardly even see the road you came in on.
Mexico 2007-2008
In this picture is Sat Gurprasad Kaur Ji, and Patty Ji, who hosted us in Cancun. She let us stay at her place and use her car all the time, it was awesome. That's how we saw so much.
Mexico 2007-2008
Here are Hari Singh Ji and Sita Kaur Ji, at the top of the tallest pyramid there.

2 comments:

Effortlessly Average said...

This is one of the reasons I love history so much. Can you imagine what it must have been like to live where those ruins are? When I stand on a place like that I can alomst picture myself transported back in time to when they weren't "ruins." I'm definitely going to have to visit there!

Prabhu Singh said...

I did the same thing when I was there. I imagined when people lived there it must have looked very similar, but it probably felt even more isolated. This place and Chichen Itza (nearby) make you feel like you're in a different time.