Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Dhan Dhan Siri Guru Ram Das Sahib Ji Maharaj!

Oh Guru Ram Das, your miracle is so perfect!
Oh Guru Ram Das, you save and protect.
This is my experience of your love and grace,
I feel so lowly, I can't even show my face.

What are my righteous actions in comparison to yours?
Your vastness is the ocean, I'm a grain of sand on the shores.
I don't feel guilty or ashamed, I just feel humbled by your perfection.
I realize my faults, my limitations, my false ego, upon reflection.

Who can bring such realization,
with humilty and appreciation?
Most make you feel guilty for your mistakes,
you soften the resultant pains and aches.

Your grace is beyond measure,
with God's name as your treasure.
With humility and grace you inherited the eternal throne,
as the king of Raaj yoga, you will forever be known.

Great Great is Guru Ram Das,
who can carry us all across!
There for us in happiness and loss,
Dhan Dhan Guru Ram Das.

2 comments:

Gurmeet Kaur said...

Dhan Dhan Guru Ramdas and his Sikhi and his beloved ones..
Beautiful poem, Prabhu Singh Ji.
May the Guru always bless you so.

Gurmeet Kaur

Anonymous said...

Beautiful poem Prabhu Singh Ji! How about if you, instead God's name, write SATNAAM or AKAL. I just thought it may fit better.