Wednesday, July 25, 2007

I LOVE this shabad!!!!!

ਸਿਰੀਰਾਗੁ ਮਹਲਾ ੫ ॥
Siree Raag, Fifth Mehl:

ਦੁਕ੍ਰਿਤ ਸੁਕ੍ਰਿਤ ਮੰਧੇ ਸੰਸਾਰੁ ਸਗਲਾਣਾ ॥
The whole world is engrossed in bad deeds and good deeds.

ਦੁਹਹੂੰ ਤੇ ਰਹਤ ਭਗਤੁ ਹੈ ਕੋਈ ਵਿਰਲਾ ਜਾਣਾ ॥੧॥
God's devotee is above both, but those who understand this are very rare. ||1||

ਠਾਕੁਰੁ ਸਰਬੇ ਸਮਾਣਾ ॥
Our Lord and Master is all-pervading everywhere.

ਕਿਆ ਕਹਉ ਸੁਣਉ ਸੁਆਮੀ ਤੂੰ ਵਡ ਪੁਰਖੁ ਸੁਜਾਣਾ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥
What should I say, and what should I hear? O my Lord and Master, You are Great, All-powerful and All-knowing. ||1||Pause||

ਮਾਨ ਅਭਿਮਾਨ ਮੰਧੇ ਸੋ ਸੇਵਕੁ ਨਾਹੀ ॥
One who is influenced by praise and blame is not God's servant.

ਤਤ ਸਮਦਰਸੀ ਸੰਤਹੁ ਕੋਈ ਕੋਟਿ ਮੰਧਾਹੀ ॥੨॥
One who sees the essence of reality with impartial vision, O Saints, is very rare-one among millions. ||2||

ਕਹਨ ਕਹਾਵਨ ਇਹੁ ਕੀਰਤਿ ਕਰਲਾ ॥
People talk on and on about Him; they consider this to be praise of God.

ਕਥਨ ਕਹਨ ਤੇ ਮੁਕਤਾ ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਕੋਈ ਵਿਰਲਾ ॥੩॥
But rare indeed is the Gurmukh, who is above this mere talk. ||3||

ਗਤਿ ਅਵਿਗਤਿ ਕਛੁ ਨਦਰਿ ਨ ਆਇਆ ॥
He is not concerned with deliverance or bondage.

ਸੰਤਨ ਕੀ ਰੇਣੁ ਨਾਨਕ ਦਾਨੁ ਪਾਇਆ ॥੪॥੨੬॥੯੬॥
Nanak has obtained the gift of the dust of the feet of the Saints. ||4||26||96||

5 comments:

Apaar Singh said...

Beautiful

sikhi seeker said...

Indeed, a very beautiful shabad. But, (and pardon my saying so), it makes me lose any hope...maybe cuz it reminds of my very human frailty.

Prabhu Singh said...

Bhen Ji, I'm curious what you're loosing hope in, and why? Maybe you could explain it a little more to me.
Only our bodies are frail, our minds are powerful and our souls are eternal. Thanks for visiting me again :-) Hardly anybody has been leaving comments lately, it's awesome to have somebody actively participate here (other than me :-)

Including Apaar Singh, thank you for visiting and leaving comments as well.

People are still visiting but I'm getting little feedback.

Harjot said...

Dear Prabhu,

This Shabad is most definitely beautiful! The message it holds inside it is so very true. Though it gives the reader a distinct blow when you think about how unlike you are to God's true servant. But it also gives you a surge of need, or the want to try harder, and to achieve this satisfaction of not being influenced by worldly praise and blame! Very influential indeed.

Love,
Harjot

P.S. I'm kind of raiding your blog right about now. Forgive me ><

Prabhu Singh said...

Harjot Ji (Singh/Kaur?)
Raid my blog as much as you want. I appreciate your thoughtful comments. I like it when people leave comments and feedback.
Sat Siri Akaal!