Monday, February 19, 2007

WAHEGURU!!!!!!!

WaheGuru! Other than this there is no other word for describing how blessed I am! I just got back from the first lesson of a week long course with Bhai Kultar Singh Ji, the son of Bhai Avtar Singh Ji. If you've read my tribute to Bhai Avtar Singh Ji you know that I have a great respect for him and his family. I have spent a number of years seeking to learn raag and learning raag. Although I'm still a beginner and although I've only briefly studied with Bhai Avtar Singh Ji, he was the very first to teach me any raag and for that I have always regarded him as my ustaad. Now I regard Bhai Kultar Singh Ji as my ustaad. Other respected teachers that I've learned from are Professor Surinder Singh Ji, Ustaad Surjit Singh Ji, and Ustaad Narinder Singh Ji (ustaad of Chardi Kala Jetha). I've only studied briefly with all these masters, even just once in the case of ustaad Narinder Singh Ji, but they all have a special place in my life. I feel so blessed to have met many masters and studied with them. Bhai Kultar Singh Ji was so kind and answered my tremendous amount of questions. I'm sure I'll have many more questions as the week progresses. I'm totally excited about this. WaheGuru!

Picture taken while driving home from work on Friday.

1 comment:

Singhu said...

Fateh Khalsa Jee

Nice photos. Good to see all Kirpa at your end. Sure someday you will also be a Prof. Ustaad:).

Waheguru...Waheguru...