Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Longing

There is only one path for me,
it's always been shown clearly.
I cannot stay away Guru Ji,
your darshan I long to see.
In the darkest hour you have brought light,
in the worst times I need only your sight.
Your sight is at all times near me, in all things,
your sound is always with me, the anahad sings.
To not even one quality of yours can I compare,
and still everything you have, with me you share.
My longing is from a false separation,
Everything is you and your creation.
Still that longing keeps me connected,
when my ego allows you to be neglected.
That is why sukh and dukh are equivalent,
everything from you is like a present.
If we only remember that, we will be fine,
Our hearts will stay open and our faces will shine.

(The above photo is in front of the Gurdwara, the two lights to the right of the bridge are on either side of the Gurdwara entry.

8 comments:

daughters of the khalsa said...

…a beautiful poem with a beautiful picture…

Anonymous said...

"To not even one quality of yours can I compare,
and still everything you have, with me you share."

veerjee your poems rock.. they are so deep.. this line made my eyes well up with tears..

thanks for helping to spread love for guru jee and arousing feelings of love even in a papi like me... waheguru ang sang

Anonymous said...

Satnaam Siri WaheGuru ji...

Last nite i had a vry beautiful dream.I was in Espanola fr a week :)


..gr8 post veerjee...



Akaal ji Akaal

Anonymous said...

*Akaal hi Akaal :P

Gurumustuk Singh said...

Awesome picture! IT is very dreamy looking like stars...and the effect of the colors of the different lights. Nice capture!

satvinder said...

Prabhu veer ji...

just wanted you to know...

touched.

again.

thank you for sharing the beauty that you experience.

Anonymous said...

"In the darkest hour you have brought light,
in the worst times I need only your sight."
so true!
Amazing poem and lovely photo

Prabhu Singh said...

Thank you everybody for your words. I certainly appreciate the feedback and I'm very pleased that you all are in my life.
Sat Naam