Wednesday, December 06, 2006

It's been almost a year

It's been almost a year since I was in India! I was looking at some old pictures and remembering when I went to Mcleod Ganj (Dharamsala). It was an interesting place, but I consider it a waste of my time. I was only in India for 4 weeks and I spent most of the time in Amritsar. I also went to Anandpur Sahib, and Chandighar for Balwinder Singh Ji and Baljeet Kaur Ji's wedding. The time I spent here, could have been at the Hari Mandir Sahib or Anandpur Sahib. There were a lot of tourists here and I felt no spiritual depth in any place I went to. It felt like a place to vacation or be a hippie and do nothing. I don't like doing nothing and I'd rather vacation in the pristine mountains that surround my home than mountains in the ever-polluted skies of India. Still if you live in India, I guess it's a nice place to visit.
A guy praying at a Buddhist temple.
A temple being built.
How about this! The Tibetans come to India because the Chinese government is committing atrocities. India never stops committing atrocities! Good luck to the Buddhists in India, Sikhs are always 'disappearing' there. I guess you can raise a voice against China while in India, but to raise a voice against India, means pogroms.

6 comments:

Gurpreet Singh said...

The worlds going up in flames. Babylon system is on the rise....soon time...everythings gonna change...

Sifar said...

"but I consider it a waste of my time"... very well said Bhai Prabhu Singh jeeoo....

Bani also reiterate the same.... "Prani, Tu Aaya Laha Len; Laga Kit Kufakde, Sab Mukdi Challi Rain...."

singhu said...

Khalsa Jee,

So true!...Many people in China has no say. And just today BBC reports someone being executed secretly in china, it remind me how lucky we are. (game of karma). Many people in china don’t either believe in GOD or have no freedom in religious practices (may be that’s why dalai lama went to India)and majority people work like machines (Taylor’s scientific management theory applies 100% to China. Anyway, there are many beautiful places too ie,Tibet (People say Dhan Dhan Satguru Nanak Dev Jee did when to Tibet in China?.)Waheguru...Waheguru...

Anonymous said...

Satnam Ji,

I am planning a trip to India mid Dec - mid Jan. Besides the inspiring Golden Temple and Anandpur Sahib, are there any other Gurdwaras/sites/festivals you would really recommend visiting?

Any other advice for travel?

Thank you! :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for acknowledging the "disappearing" of Sikhs for no reason... It seems that everyone wants to sweep this issue under the rug, or is afraid to face facts for fear of further violent acts being committed against even more innocents... A more mainstream dialogue needs to happen, just like you are doing in your blog.. Always look forward to seeing your beautiful pictures..! Keep Blogging!

Prabhu Singh said...

I would definitely recommend going to Goindwal Sahib, where Guru AmarDas lived. You can read Japji on each of the 84 steps of the well there and dip in the well after each Japji. The 84 steps represent the 8.4 million lifetimes it's take to achieve human birth.
I've never been to Hemkunt, but someday I'd love to go. You can't go in the winter though. There's so much of India I haven't seen, but I feel like if I'm in India I met as well be at one of the afore mentioned places or I might as well not be in India.