Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Khalsa Arts

On Guru Gaddee Day after a beautiful nagar kirtan, I saw a talented member of our sangat place a beautiful work of art in front of the Guru. I thought to myself 'WaheGuru, we have such an amazing sangat who truly has so much devotion and so much diversity and talent.' The same man who made the model of the Hari Mandir Sahib (which is featured in my archives), Mukhtiar Singh Ji, also made the work of art. He told me later that he wanted to see one in every home! I though that's going to be expensive considering it is made of gold rubies and pearls. Then he told me the cost price and I thought, I have to get one since I have the Siri Guru Granth Sahib at my home. This is now decorating Guru Ji's room:
It's the mool mantra in gold with 11 rubies and it is bordered by pearls.

4 comments:

Sat-Purak Kaur said...

Sometimes, when I hear stories about people who give so much to the temple, it also really moves me too .. It makes me want to do more... and sets the bar even higher.. What was the cost to produce this beautiful artwork ?

Anonymous said...

Satnam

That's a really beautiful painting. How are you Prabhu?

Manprit Kaur
From Singapore

Prabhu Singh said...

Sat Purak Kaur Ji,
I'm not sure if I can reveal the price considering the artist who made it may decide to sell them. You can email me and I can get you in contact with Mukhtiar Singh if you would like. :-)

Manprit Kaur Ji, I'm good life treats me well :-)
The work of art feauture here is not actually a paintint it's metal work which is gilded in gold, with rubies and pearls bordering it.

Sikhi Seeker said...

These are really fine pieces!! And very sophisticated use of those jewels. Mukhtiar Singh ji has really done well once again!

...but this sure looks like a very expensive expression :)