Monday, October 09, 2006

Dhan Dhan Ram Das Gur

Happy Gurpurab to everybody!
Today in Sadhana we sang this shabad for two and a half hours and there were so many people at sadhana this morning. It was amazing. Tonight we are having a special Gurdwara as well.


Today is also Colombus day and I have today off of work. I'm driving my normal commute however, because I'm going to give a talk about Sikh Dharma to a woman's study circle in Los Alamos (the nearby town where I work). I've never formally given a talk about Sikh Dharma, but just about every time I fly or go somewhere in public where people ask me questions I give lectures about Sikh Dharma. Being as I love this Dharma more than life itself, I can only describe it in the best way and in a way that relates to all the positive things that other people know. As a result people are usually very happy to learn about Sikh Dharma and think it is amazing that people like us exist. I don't embellish, I don't need to, we have a great history and the highest of all spiritual ideals and practices.

3 comments:

singhu said...

Happy Gurpurab Khalsa Jee,
I can feel you are one of our great leader/model in Sikhi to inspire many other people. May we always stay Chardikala with his kipa.

Dhan Dhan Guru Ram Das
Dhan Dhan Guru Ram Das
Dhan Dhan Guru Ram Das
Dhan Dhan Guru Ram Das
Dhan Dhan Guru Ram Das

Let's chant five times at least:).

Waheguru...Waheguru.

SikhsRus said...

Ditto to above comment Prabhu Ji! You are indeed a great role model for many Sikhs including myself.

Anonymous said...

Dhan Dhan Guru Ram Das
Dhan Dhan Guru Ram Das
Dhan Dhan Guru Ram Das
Dhan Dhan Guru Ram Das
Dhan Dhan Guru Ram Das