Thursday, October 19, 2006

BIG NEWS!!

I just haven't taken any photos in a while so I went into the hills yesterday and took a few.
While I was up there I thought, now's a good time to get some more pictures and relate my good news to the world.
Isn't this an amazing view?
Yep, from my property! I bought this raw piece of land, near the Gurdwara and someday I will build my palace. Then everybody can come and stay with me. It's nearly impossible to get land near the Gurdwara, and this isn't just near, I can see the Gurdwara from my property! I wish I lived there now, nothing can be compared to living in this neighborhood. I was blessed to grow up right near the Gurdwara and it is the most amazing place, the most amazing sangat. This neighborhood makes me think of Khalsa Raj, with the Khalsa seen everywhere and so much chardi kala spirit and pure devotion sans politics.
I have to thank my brother, Hari Singh Ji, and his wife, Sita Kaur Ji, for getting a home equity loan so that I could purchase this land. To get a loan for vacant land you have to have 1/3 down, which is a lot! I should also thank the rest of the sangat for being so amazing and creating such a beautiful community. In the next few years you will see me build and move in. I can never recount all the blessings in my life. Even these pictures say more than I could. WaheGuru!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!

Anonymous said...

So finally I am going to be invited to prabhu singh's palace somedayy! :=)

Chardikala friend!

Sifar said...

Congrats Bhai Prabhu Singh jee...

Siri Dyal said...

ujuuu! mil felicidades!
Aunque tengo el privilegio de saberlo desde el verano, me da mucho gusto que estes feliz... ahora apurate! que cuando llegue el proximo verano me aceptaras en tu place :) lol

Prabhu Singh said...

I really need to get this palace built so I can have everybody over, you're all invited. I'm hoping by next year, I'll at least have a road up to my land and possibly a septic and well, so that I can start to build.

satvinder said...

Hey congrats! (",)

Raminder Kaur said...

Congratulations!! I can feel the excitement through the blogosphere! May Guru Ji bless you in building that dream palace! :)

Sukhjeet said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sukhjeet said...

Congrats Prabhu! This must be a dream come true for you. :) Gurfateh

manpreet kaur said...

Satnam!

Congratulations Prabhu Ji!!!
It is good you make your dream come true. I know this place will be a spiritual shelter for many.

Why not organise a building camp? All bloggers become builders? :-)

Angad Singh said...

So now it will be Palace of Guru Ram Das =)

Congrats prabhu =)

Gurvinderpal said...

congrats Prabhu Veer Ji =)

SikhsRus said...

That is one beautiful piece of land! I just noticed the agent name "Fateh". That is great. Khalsa Singhs supporting each other's business.

Prabhu Singh said...

It's actually Fateh Kaur. This land was for sale before and hadn't been purchased when it was taken off the market. I told Fateh I was interested if it ever went back on the market. She called me before putting it on the market. The deal was made and then the 'Sold' sign was put up. Then people started telling Fateh 'I didn't know it was for sale.' The Guru blessed me with this great opportunity. I really look forward to hosting people here in the future.

Gurpreet Singh said...

Sweeeet...im moving it with my whole family...all of my 20 children them..haha