Monday, August 28, 2006

Rainbows

Picturesque!
Have you ever seen the end of a rainbow? When I was a kid I was on a sacred land that is now called 'Ram Das Puri,' where the Summer Solstice camp is held, and I chased the end of a rainbow. Before we gathered on this land for peace, it was the sacred land where tribes from many places would meet for peace. When you reach the end of the rainbow it moves. I remember finding treasure at the end of the rainbow (where the end was before I got there). I found several things, but the most memorable was an arrowhead made of obsidian. (Yep I was very imaginative and adventurous as a child as well).
This picture was taken a couple weeks ago, but I thought it went with the this set. This is a Sikh house across a field from my brother's house.
You might have to click on this image to see the full rainbow eaiser. My camera couldn't capture the whole thing, but the image is in my mind. It made me think of God hugging the valley (EspaƱola).

1 comment:

upinder kaur said...

I am reminded of the lovely lines

My heart leaps with joy...