Thursday, August 17, 2006

More from my trip

National Treasury.
The white house.
I don't know what this building is, but I thought the architecture was interesting. It's near the white house.
I was told this is actually the 'front' of the white house.
I told this man that I appreciate his message. Though while I was looking closely at my pictures I realized he has a shirt with Osama on it. I don't know if it's a joke, but I don't appreciate any shirt with his image on it.
I big column.
The only trailer I saw while in DC, and nobody was living in it. I went to parts of Virginia and Maryland and I never saw anybody living in a trailer. It's way different than my hometown.
If you're in DC and you see this, it's not Prabhu Singh's taxi cab.
Botanic Gardens, which I didn't visit, but at least I got a picture of it.
If you know me well, you know that two types of humor make me laugh a lot. Absurd humor (stuff that just doesn't make sense) and smart a... aleck humor.

3 comments:

Sifar said...

The trailer looks to me as if it is an office for a construction/restoration group as the fence in front of it says "Area Closed". Lots of place that donot have trailer parks still have trailers in which the construction companies operate their office.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry, I fail to understand what you mean. What is the humor posted in this picture?

Prabhu Singh said...

The humor is 'sticking it to the man!'
The people of Washington DC do not have representation in the US congress, but they still pay high taxes like everybody else. One of the highest ideals of America is 'No taxation without representation.' Yet in our Nation's capitol the people are being taxed without representation. Surely the highest government potentates see these license plates daily.
Which I think is kind of funny.