Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Blog updates

Most people who visit this blog know that I try to update it daily, minus weekends. If I travel things change. I was out of town last week. I was supposed to get back on Sunday, by flying from DC to Dallas and then to Albuquerque, however things changed. There was sever weather in Dallas. They first landed the plane in Oklahoma City because they didn't have enough fuel to circle Dallas waiting for the weather to clear up. It was already a long flight and I ended up on that plane for at least 6 hours. The weather cleared up and we went to Dallas, and then they cancelled my flight to ABQ. Even though the weather became totally clear, they said they cancelled it when the weather was still bad and thus due to weather they couldn't pay for a hotel for me. Paying for one night in a hotel wasn't the worst though. I had to miss a whole day of work and sleep only about 4 hours in order to do my sadhana and catch an early flight to Houston on Monday morning so that I could wait for hours in that airport until an available flight to ABQ. I was going to update my blog yesterday, but I didn't have access to anything all day. They sent my bag to Albuquerque without me, so I had only the clothes on my back. No toothbrush or anything.
I've travelled to India in less time than it took me to get to EspaƱola from DC! I still can't tell what I learned from this experience or why it happened. All I can say is I'm tired. I'll be putting up pictures this week from my trip. I met some awesome people!
This is the first place I stopped when I (finally) got back to my home.
This picture is after ishnaan seva a couple weeks ago.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

http://sikhproblems.wordpress.com/ check it

Harkiran Kaur said...

Some were awesome, some were aiight! :-p
It was nice meeting you Prabhu Singh!

Anonymous said...

WAHEGURU JI KAA KHAALSAA WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

why not you and some other from there go to a place called punjab
sikhs might be inspired there to see you in Sikhi Baannaa
hopefully they might also learn a few things from you

WAHEGURU JI KAA KHAALSAA WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

Anonymous said...

hi brother anonymous i am anonymous two. you are telling brother prabhu to go to punjab thats good. but wat r our sikh brothers doing in punjab. just cutting hair and drinking alcohol (not all of them. but many) if they just follow guru granth sahib ji they can get the right path in their life. so only the teachings of guru granth sahib ji can teach them the real path of life. they watch movies and follow the bollywood/hollywood stars. but they have no time for reading the granth sahib ji. i think we need to teach the new generation of sikhs ( young ones) to follow guru granth sahib ji. if we achieve this then punjab will again bloom with spiritual and healthy life. so target the younger generation.by the way its prabhu veer choice to stay in america or come to india. we all need to try to follow guru granth sahib ji and become better sikh and above all a better human being. so you can also go to india and do the seva. we all are guru ji son and equal in all the way. just follow guru granth sahib ji.

Prabhu Singh said...

I would love to spend more time in Punjab. Hopefully someday I will have a successful business of my own which I can run from anywhere. I would then spend time in Punjab learning Punjabi and Raag Kirtan and Gurmat studies. I do learn Raag here and I may get the opportunity at some point to learn Punjabi as well, but I know I would learn faster in Punjab. I have a good job and have the ability to give das vandh and do seva projects that are important to me. I'm also settled in a sacred land that has a lot of importance to me and the future of the Khalsa in the West. I would spend significant time in Punjab if I could, but my home is here and I would never go there permanently.
Thanks for the suggestion, I definitely hope and plan to spend more time in Punjab in the future. (People definitely take notice of bana there).
WaheGuru Ji Ka Khalsa, WaheGuru Ji Ki Fateh!