Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Pictures from a few weeks back

Sada Sat Simran Singh and his wife GuruDas Kaur just after their wedding.
This was an impromptu picture with Jasbir Singh from Singapore. I forget the young lady's name, but I remember she's from Mexico. This was after the wedding.
Simran Singh changing for a performance at the wedding reception.
Kawal Pal Singh from Singapore also getting ready for the dance.
Jasdeep Singh from Singapore getting ready for the dance.
Ram Das Singh getting ready. I caught them all off guard.
Siri Amrit Singh getting ready.
The location of the reception.

5 comments:

Sikhi Seeker said...

This is like perfect timing! I was thinking of how its been a while since I saw any wedding pictures from New Espanola....weird you may think, not really :)

More "Wedding ceremony" and dance pictures please!

jatlee said...

prabhu singh why werent you getting youre groove on?

Anonymous said...

I always loved the way a Turla Pagh looked. Reminds of of the way Punjabis looked long ago. Unfortunately we are now stuck with the Patiala Shahi paghs.

Prabhu Singh said...

Well Jatinder Singh Ji, you don't have to wait that long to see me 'trying' to do Bhangra. I will be in a performance in about a month. We have practice 3 times a week!
My Pitaji learned Bhangra almost 30 years ago, he was in a troupe (probably the only gora). I guess I should learn more Bhangra. I was in a dance actually 2 years ago, so I have a little experience. Let's just hope Gurumustuk or somebody else records the performance.

Sikhi Seeker said...

hopeful - with fingers crossed :) That'd be fun to watch! :D