Thursday, June 29, 2006

Wish you were here

On Friday before the Raensabi at solstice I took some friends up into the mountains. We went to the place where there are cliffs to jump off of :-) It was a really nice day. I really miss my friends from solstice and I think maybe I should do a tribute on my blog. Being here in the summer time is just beyond words and it's so incredible to be amongst such beautiful people with such open hearts and thoughtful minds and strength of discipline.
WaheGuru!

8 comments:

jatlee said...

oh my god!!!! my mouth is open! this! this! picture is unexplainable!

Sikh PROBLEMS blog said...

g00d w0rk

http://sikhproblems.blogspot.com/

mandeep singh said...

waheguru, i remember that walk... that pic takes me back there, that sangat we were with, oh man...waheguru

Puja said...

very nice shot !!

Sikhi Seeker said...

Serenity all around!

(missing people reporting ;))

sat dharm said...

This is a beautiful picture, Prabhu Singh ji! There's something spiritually deep about it. It reminds me of a tibetan koan I learnt a year ago from a film that said: "How do you prevent a drop of water from drying?" The answer was: "Throw it into the ocean." It speaks about how the sangat is essential to keep oneself in the dharma. For me that's the reason I look forward to Solstice every year. To throw me back into the ocean.
Wahe Guru

Raghav said...

wow. seems like a good place.. where is this taken ?

Prabhu Singh said...

This picture was taken at a place called 'East Fork' which is in the Jemez Mountains in Northern New Mexico. This particular location is about a 45 minute drive from my house.