Thursday, May 04, 2006

As Kirpan Kando Kharag

When I was in India I purchased this sword for my future wedding (I still don't know when that is or to whom, but I was thinking ahead). You may have seen this before in some other pictures because I lent it to Balwinder when he got married. The blade is an antique, it's a very nice blade, the handle may or may not be an antique, but the gold work is new. I took this photo in India, I probably should take some photos from other angles to fully appreciate all the designs on there. I'll try to remember to do that tonight. If you want to know where to get quality kirpans like this or others, I'll get you in contact with the provider. His name is Hardeep Singh and if you look at my India pictures in the archives I have pictures of him on this blog.

7 comments:

SikhsRus said...

I love the intricate designs on the handle. Someone had to put a lot of hard work in making this fine piece of metal. Eh! I just read your "youth of the month interview". I wish I had same Sikh upbringing as you as a child. Great insight!

Angad Singh said...

Nice Sri sahib

i ve heard about him could you please pass me his contact details so that I could contact him as I plan to go to india soon

btw. 1st recording from the event is on my blog right now =)

Waheguru ji Ka Khalsa waheguru ji Ki Fateh

Confused Khalsa said...

email me the contact details please brother ji - thanks!

Sikhi Seeker said...

Beautiful Kirpan...but that doesn't justify...I need a proper adjective, maybe you can help when you post other pics that you take of it tonight.

And bought for a good cause :) Wishing you the best!

May Waheguru's apaar mehar be on you!

upinder kaur said...

beautiful siri Sahib. I pray that your wishes are soon fulfilled and you find the right partner.Waheguru Kirpa Kare

Ajai Singh said...

Beautiful. I am looking for one form my wedding this summer. Please forward contact information. nomos@rocketmail.com

VS said...

Awesome design. Perfect blend of modern and traditional bland

Please share the details at Vikram_1@hotmail.com

Thanks!