Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Baba Bakala

I did not have the fortune of visting the Bakala Gurdwara. I didn't even think about it when I was in India. Parvinder Singh sent me these photos. In the future I may get more photos of historical Sikh sites and stories about them from Parvinder.
The Gurudwara built where Guru Teg Bahadur Sahib meditated for almost 20 years.
"Bhora Sahib" Parvinder tells me Bhora means a small underground place. This is where Guru Tegh Bahadur did his meditation. Also Parvinder says its really small and only maybe two people could sit there.

3 comments:

Otpreka Singh said...

nice pictures

Anonymous said...

Everytime I search google for my Hometown & find things like this - I feel elated!!! yeah Gurudwara at Baba Bakala & the anecdotes associated with it are amazing..

I have a page on Orkut dedicated to my home town!!

Parvinder Singh said...

Quite informative .. we have an exclusive website for Sikh Pilgrimage, Gurudwara Yatra and Punjab Tours .. please visit us at www.sikhtourism.com