Thursday, January 12, 2006

One of my babies

Since I've gotten requests, here's a change of pace. This is one of my babies. I've probably never discussed it on my blog, but one of my hobbies is working on my cars and lowriding. I bought this car with modifications already on it. This is a 1980 Monte Carlo with a chop-top. It has a reinforced frame which allows it to do front, back, side to side, pancake, see-saw, and three wheeling. The switches aren't wired up right now and it's missing a dump (Hydraulics require at least one pump and one dump). Also it needs 4 more batteries. Also it needs a little bit of work with the engine. The previous owner was planning to take out the engine and chrome it out. He kind of left the engine just hooked up enough to drive it a little bit. It has candy-flake paint, which you can't see that well in this picture.
My real baby is a 1976 Chevrolet Monte Carlo (yeah I have two monte's) which I'm building from scratch. I recently installed headers and a dual exhaust, but found out that the headers are only a few inches from the ground and now I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to lower the car. It's been almost two years since I bought the airbag suspension kit to put in my monte carlo, but I was in school then and other things have gotten in the way as well. I'm hoping this summer to work a little more on my '76 monte.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

WHAAAAATT!
Thats a dope car man...
Thanks for showing us. There's a guy in toronto by the name of Pardeep Singh Nagra. He was a boxer and u might have heard he was fighting his case for keeping his beard while boxing and he eventually won..Hes also really invloved in the sadh sangat and collects low riders likee you. Maybe u guys should do a carshow together or something one day :)
Thanks once again.
Fateh

Prabhu Singh said...

In case I didn't mention it, Española New Mexico is known as the lowrider capital of the world.
Every lowrider that knows anything knows about Española New Mexico. Sometimes I'll see pictures of cars in Lowrider magazine and then I'll see them on the streets. It's a small town, so you can see people on the streets. We all cruise one main street.

Anonymous said...

more pics please!

Anonymous said...

Really nice.Thanks for the amazing post.

Siri Dyal said...

oraleeeeeeee!!!!!!!!! nice car..maybe u can keep me up to the airport... in this cool car hahahaha!!!!!!

Shinda said...

What type of rims you gonna slam on it?

Anonymous said...

maya lol... :P

only jokin....

nice ride...dnt get many or any of them in UK

Vaheguroo