Tuesday, January 24, 2006

The Khalsa family

When leaving India my brother and I had a flight at 12:50 AM Friday, which meant we should be at the airport around 9 or 10 PM on Thursday night. We decided not to go to Delhi until Thursday. Wednesday was our last day in Amritsar. I got really sick again that day, but despite it was an incredible day. I can't really describe it, but it was great. Part of the greatness was meeting up with Vicky Singh again and his wife. I didn't eat hardly anything because I was feeling ill. I went to sleep around midnight that night. I was trying to get all my (new) stuff packed up. I then woke up around 1:30 AM to take a dip in the sarover and meditate before meeting a taxi at 3:00 to go to the train station. The Shatabdi express was not express that day and we didn't get into Delhi until around 1:00 PM. My brother and I had several shops we wanted to visit in Delhi and we only had one day to do it. We had arranged a taxi for the day and went around to the different shops (music shops and homeopathic shop). I was tired and hungry. I hadn't eaten hardly anything in two days (which is a big deal for me). It was around 4:30 and we had just one more stop. We went to visit family.
Harmeet Singh from Delhi had seen my blog, and invited me and my brother to visit him at his home via email. I wrote him that we were only going to be in Delhi one day and that we had shops to visit. He even offered to pick us up and take us around, but I had already arranged a taxi. We had never met or corresponded before that time.
It was so nice after running around without eating starting at 1:00 AM and planning to catch a flight after midnight to sit in the home of a Sikh family and eat great Punjabi food. I felt like I was at home and I relaxed so much and we went to the airport full and the journey was again really long, but we went with a great send-off. Thank you Harmeet Singh and family!
Hari Singh (my brother) and Harmeet Singh.
Harmeet Singh's brother (I always catch people when they're on the phone :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a nice way to end your journey. It is amazing how the bond of Sikhi and build new friendships so quickly.