Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Don't know what to make of it yet

By following a few links I found out about google video and then I found the following movie which is online:
http://dropsentertainment.com/de/films.asp?page_id=films_title002
Click here to watch the movie online:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1607114503824678810&q=waterborne
I don't have time to watch this right now, but I watched a few parts. This movie has as one of the main characters an actor playing a Sikh. I was skimming the movie and found one scene, maybe the climax of the movie, where the main character is in Gurdwara listening to kirtan and they go to various simultaneous scenes. One scene there is a fight, another scene a Sikh is being attacked, another scene involves a shooting. But they keep going back to the Gurdwara and while they show all the different scenes they keep the kirtan going. It seemed as though the film maker was being mostly respectful of Sikhs, but I definitely don't like what is shown on screen while kirtan is being played.
I know a lot of Sikhs will probably get upset by this movie, but I would encourage everyone to be respectful. If you disagree with this movie, keep your protests civil. For the most part the movie shows an accurate portrayal of discrimination and hate resulting from ignorance. It shows Sikhs as very peaceful and innocent victims of people's hate. Also the kirtan that is in the background during the climax is explained at the end which is nice. Except for the scene where the kirtan is being played in the background the movie doesn't seem that bad.

6 comments:

Rion said...

This is a great movie. I would encourage everyone to see it.

Gurumustuk Singh said...

Looks like it is not there anymore. I saw a trailer which was two minutes long. Did they have the full movie up?

ਿੲਕ ਿਸੰਘ said...

Sat Nam Gmac! :) it's still there...follow the second link. i'm watching it right now.

Anonymous said...

Prabhu when are you gonna show some pics of of your lowrider!I sure cant wait to hear all about it! :)

Anonymous said...

I can't stand when people try to turn a Gurudwara into something commercial. This kind of stuff should not be allowed in Gurudwaras, taking attention off of Guru Ji and putting it towards some actors. I could just imagine how many times they had to do re-takes and the mics and cameras all over the place. No good at all.

deep kaur khalsa said...

movie okay i guess...true bout the kirtan though they could have made less use of it in the whole scene.

on a side note...the swearing..lolll...i was going vahhh...egurooo in my head for the most part....:)!...mayb i'm just immature??!!!...yaaahh!!!at 26!

gurfateh jee.