Saturday, December 17, 2005

Latest

Well I'll get more pictures from Balwinder's wedding later. For now I'll give you the most recent stuff. I'm feeling better. I was totally laid out the day I wrote the post where I said I was sick. I was pretty much laid out the next day. The third day I was feeling a lot better and we went to Anandpur Sahib (pictures forthcoming). There was a discussion about water. If you want real rural water from the ground come to New Mexico. In India a lot of the ground water has been tainted by grey water and brown water. You can see it all over the place grey water flows in all the ditches of the cities and towns and it ends up going into the ground. A lot of sewage is untreated and a lot of bad water goes straight into the ground. I love a lot of India, but the pollution of the air and water (mostly the air) is really bad and harmful to everybody's health. When I blow my nose, the tissue is partly black from the air I've been breathing in. If I cough and then spit, it's also black sometimes.
I'm feeling pretty good now. I have a lot of pictures and stories. I'll put a lot more when I get back. I'll keep trying to update while I'm here as well.
Doing parkarma seva this very morning at around 3:00 AM.
A picture of the entry way to the Hari Mandir Sahib from the third floor, with the Akal Takht in the background.
A picture from this afternoon.
This is where I'm sitting right now, with these two dudes. This is Manpreet Singh on the right who runs the internet shop, if you go to the Hari Mandir Sahib his shop is real nearby.
The 10 rupee potato chat burger, this is what I was eating when I went into the shop. I'm back at it again, I was eating street food again the day after I was sick. I got so sick because I had a little bit of a cold, which weakened my immune system and my stomach of steel was a little weaker. I was really sick, throwing up, my whole body hurting and other bad things as well, but I took pills which helped with that. Then my stomach came back to full strength.

P.S. Guess who I met today? finally. I met Vicky Singh, have you seen his blog? We kept missing each other, but this morning I went back to the taksali store again and guess who was there? This was literally 5 minutes after meeting a couple on the streets from Española that arrived yesterday. This morning at the seva I met several people from Española, including Simran Singh from the Wheeler Peak pictures. I keep meeting people here that I know. It's nice to be here and on vacation. When I get back, it is all work :-)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Prabhu

The Pics are really nice. Can u upload some pics of the couple i mean Balwinder and Baljeet also.

Thanks

Parampal Singh

My of life Pictures said...

HI Prabhu can you get some of the pictures of the sunset there i do not know the history of india or the background of it i know Guru would love to see some of this lolwas the burger good your friend Jenny Miner

sukhmani kaur said...

Vaheguru ji ka Khalsa
Vaheguru ji ki FATEH!!

Very nice pictures!! When I see a picture of Darbar Sahib Ji I just want to leave everything and jump on the plane :)

Just using this chance, Prabhu, if by chance you will be back to Amritsar Cybernet cafe - be so kind to pass my fateh to Monu and tell him that he looks great in his Dastaar :)

Fateh!!

Enjoy your visit!

ਿੲਕ ਿਸੰਘ said...

DUDE!!! i LOVE those tikkays!!! but can we eat them???? or do you have to have "stomach of steel" to stomach those? i mean they are cooked and everything!

i'm gonna need your phone # when you get back...i'm gonna suck your brains out with all the questions i have for you...:)

sarvjeet said...

ਿੲਕ ਿਸੰਘ saab,

water may or may not upset your stomach, but Inidan junk food definately will do the job if water fails to do it. And if you drink water at that place, then definatly you are cooked. What I mean to say is the hygine is not top priorty for those road side stalls....

Yes, the Tikkiyaan are cooked, as you see in the picture the hotplate (tava) they are on, the tikkiyaan are already half done. When you order, they will be re heated in the centre of the hot plate and passed on to you on a plate... well, if that plate has been cleaned thouroughly or not, can't say... and the quality of oil they use is also not so great... and the guy who cooks them, if he washed his hands after using the restroom or not etc. etc.. I'll definatly shun the wrong practices no matter if it is india / US / or anywhere....

ਿੲਕ ਿਸੰਘ said...

hmmmmmmmm thanks sarvjeet! i remember i ate gole gapay at a mela the last time i went...i knew i was gonna get sick but i didn't care...it's so hard to resist! yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! prabhu, have you had gole gappay yet? my mouth's watering...*slurp*

can you get gole gappay from a cleaner than usual place? like at restaurants?

Sikhi Seeker said...

The second pic, although is the result of reflection, reminds of the 'Jyot' if there is an entity so! Gorgeous :)

And yumm....all the tikyian and the gol gappe...delismo!

Anonymous said...

i ate that once!!!!so good!
Dyal K.
CHILE

Anonymous said...

fateh singh ji
where can you go on the internet to find this shop

Prabhu Singh said...

Ji I'm not sure if they have a website, but I can probably find Monu's email address if I look. I can't post it here, so you'll have to email me if you want to know it.
Sat Siri Akal!