Monday, December 05, 2005

Amritsar

I'm sitting in a cyber cafe in Amritsar with my buddy Hardeep Singh (Rana, for those who know him). I've been to the Hari Mandir Sahib and I'm staying on the first floor of the Guru Hargobind Nivas just outside the Hari Mandir Sahib, it's beautiful. If I knew Punjabi and could handle cities I would definitely live here. Though outside the Hari Mandir Sahib I find it extremely difficult to remain meditative and there are a lot of forces and energies in the air that are taking. There is no such thing as personal or even intimate space here. I already knew these things from my first visit to India, but it takes a little to get used to it all again. Obviously I've already been cheated a few times and had some rough times, but things are mostly going well now that I'm in Amritsar with people I know and trust. In a couple days Hari, Sita and I will go to Chandighar and be in good hands again at Balwinder's house. I already have a fair amount of pictures, but I don't know when or how I'll get them up. I've been waking in the Amrit Vela and this morning I dipped in the sarover after meditating in my room. It was so amazing it was like receiving Amrit again. WaheGuru Ji Ka Khalsa, WaheGuru Ji Ki Fateh!

10 comments:

ਿੲਕ ਿਸੰਘ said...

i know what you mean about personal space. though i'm glad you made it there okay.

please do share your cheating experiences asap as i'm making our arrangements to come there soon.

thanks!

ps...i wonder what it will take for MPA to get a hotel/nivas going...

ਿੲਕ ਿਸੰਘ said...

sorry, i'm obsessed and i got a bit side tracked...before i pushed the submit button...

please tell me that the inside (parkarma) are still as peaceful as i remember them to be (from 11 years ago)! i was wondering why you didn't meditate there instead or would it be too much to listen to Gurbani on loudspeaker and do your path at the same time?

xSHANTIx said...

Vaheguru it sounds amazing!

Guru Meher Khalsa said...

Glad to hear you arrived safely. Your papa and I look forward to hearing more about your trip through your blog site. Have a wonderful and blessed time!

gmk

Prabhu Singh said...

Well I'm overpaying for just about everything, but I got really cheated for the ride from Delhi to Amritsar. They said they were the Government of India, department of tourism and that since we didn't book the train a day in advance we would need to take a private taxi. Since we were bringing things to other people we didn't want to lug around all the junk we had any more and just went ahead and paid way too much for the private taxi. I thought the taxi would be nice, but it turned out to be a piece of junk. The junky car we rode in got a flat on the way there and we had to get into another car. It was nice to get to Amritsar that day though rather than beating around Delhi for another day.
There is a nivas near Miri Piri Academy in Chherta Sahib.
I did Path at the Hari Mandir Sahib yesterday and today. I did the other meditation that I do, called Sat Kriya in my room.

My of life Pictures said...

Prabhu i am gald that you made it safe there let my cousin know how your trip is going i would say Have fun there Shub Naya Baras to you and your family your pen pal friend from rocklin cali

Harmeet Singh said...

i m in Delhi
r u coming back to Delhi, if yes, then when

Harmeet Singh
harmeet_singhin@yahoo.com

ਿੲਕ ਿਸੰਘ said...

sorry to hear that prabhu. i'm trying to get that idea of not "beating around delhi" into my inlaws heads. but they've never been( for 40 years) and they're a bit clueless of what delhi is like. all they see is pics of hotels and they're like wow...luxury. ohh well...

Sikhi Seeker said...

Oh sorry to hear about the discomfort on your way. I hope the rest of your trip makes up for any negative experiences that you had.

This post has lotsa divine energy. And Amritsar being my home (shall always be), I just miss it sooooo very much after reading this post.

Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru!!

My of life Pictures said...

prabhu Good luck on rest of your trip keep us posted i never been to India so i would not know where to Go or how to speak the lauague there your friend and pen pal Jenny Miner be safe