Friday, November 18, 2005

Waiting for the right picture

There was one picture I had been waiting to capture. It had to be the exact right time of year and I had to pull off the road on the way home from work to be in the right spot to take the picture. I saw the scene last year and thought, 'why don't I have a camera?'. I see so much beauty on a constant basis. I knew that if I ever got a digital camera I'd start taking a bunch of photos and I do. This picture was taken about 4 weeks ago on the way home from work. Now all the leaves have fallen.

This is a picture of the 'bosque' (forest) along the Rio Grande in Northern New Mexico (Española Valley) in the fall. In the background are the Sangre de Cristo mountains with snow at the top. This one makes a good background image for your computer. Click on this picture to see the picture at it's best.

No comments: