Thursday, October 20, 2005

Las Vegas Smagam

Amar, Deva, and me.
Amar, he is a real cool guy. He was born Hindu, but has much love for Gurbani and seva. He married a really nice Sikh woman, Deepak, who also does nice seva.
Hari Singh (my brother) and Harveer Singh from L.A.
Amar, Deva, and me again.
Sangat
Sarmanjit Singh on the left, and Raminder Singh on the right, both are awesome guys. Sarmanjit is the first Punjabi guy I met that is whiter than me :-)
Harsharan, paramjot, and Avneet Singh. These kids are really cool.
Gursharan Singh, the twin brother of Harsharan, some of the best teenagers you'll meet.
More sangat
These two kids were sooo cute. I could tell right away that they were brother and sister. The brother was pushing the sister on the swing set. In this picture he is really curious why I'm taking his picture. After this shot he told his sister and they were both looking at me like I'm strange :-) I guess I can't help snapping photos of cute kids.
Balwinder Singh, one of a kind!
Harsharan Singh.
I took some of these photos just by pointing the camera in different directions. I don't really wish to distract people (or myself) by moving around to take pictures. This picture of Gurujot has my right arm in it.
Doing seva in the kitchen.
Gursharan, Avneet, and Paramjot Singh. Again, really great kids.
A random image of Jaspal that I got again just by pointing my camera in different directions.
Another cute kid.
The sangat again.
Jagjit (Sonia) a really nice girl from L.A. who is getting married to Jagpal at the November samagam. Gurpal Singh another cool guy from L.A. Jagjit had just called Jagpal when I took this picture because he was still in L.A. and she was trying to convince him to still come (this was Saturday evening).
A kid that was running around and making mischief every where he went. He was cute and real smart, but did not follow the directions of any adults. He really wanted to take a picture with my camera so he got this picture of himself.
Balwinder, Jaspal (the host for the Las Vegas samagam), and Gurujot Singh, just before we left.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice pics. Thanks for sharing the smagam with us.
Keep posting.
Stay in chardikala.

Dhan Guroo Dhan Guroo pyare.

Sikhi Seeker said...

..so how do you know all this sangat from LA? Were you especially invited for this samagam? I mean, I'm just trying to figure out considering that many photos dont seem to be from the Gurudwara.
Nice pics :)

p.s.//I prefer giving kids a heads up before I capture them in ma camera...lol..cuz i've had some difficult/emabarrassing times taking such risks :P

Anonymous said...

Prabhu,
I am sure Sarmanjit is not the only Punjabi guy you've met, lighter than you. Don't forget our punjabi mundey from the Chardi Kala Jatha. I'm sure you have met them.
:-)

Prabhu Singh said...

A lot of the same people go to the samagams. Some people fly all over the place and go to just about every one. I went to the samagam in L.A. in March of this year. The big one is in November and I'm planning to go.