Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Coming soon

Tomorrow I'll put up the rest of my pictures of the city of Las Vegas and then Friday I'll get the pictures up from the samagam.
I didn't get a lot of pictures from the samagam because I was mostly just enjoying the event.
It was cool to wander around Vegas and take photos of various sites, but I'm glad we did it during the day time. There were definitely all the elements that earn Las Vegas the name 'sin city.' I enjoyed the views and found the experience entertaining, but I didn't find anything uplifting. We didn't gamble at all, who wants to loose their money anyway? And since it was a short visit and we were there for the samagam we didn't see any shows. I've been told though that Cirque du Soleil is worth the trip to Vegas by itself. And that there are other awesome shows. I think most shows are pretty expensive and you have to book tickets far in advance. Maybe next year we'll go out early and see some shows.

4 comments:

manpreet kaur said...

Sat Nam!

Dear Prabhu,

Thank you for sharing your trip to Las Vegas.
I was very suprised that you as a great nature lover (and an good photographer of it) looked so comfortable to go to a city like this. Hope you enjoyed a bit anyway.
It definetely is not my cup of chai.
But Cirque du Soleil is worth seeing. They are amazing!!!!
love

Prabhu Singh said...

I can handle a city for a little while :-) We went for the samagam, not really to see Vegas, but we went early and got to see Vegas also. It's not my cup of chai either. That's why we didn't participate in anything, we just looked at what was there. I'm hoping to go the Los Angeles samagam next. That's a real big city! I think I can handle it though because I went to the LA samagam in March this year.

Sikhi Seeker said...

So...just wondering...is gambling allowed in Sikhism anyways??
[Cuz your comment about not choosing to gamble, sounds more personal..which is great]...but I'm just curious!

Prabhu Singh said...

I'm not the authority on Sikhism for anybody else. I'm sure hundreds of people will give you a straight 'NO' to whether or not gambling is allowed in Sikhism. I would say rather than listening to what others say, as a Sikh who is individually empowered, simply find the answer for yourself. Clearly greed is one of the five thieves that robs us of a spiritual life. Gambling can lead to greed or originate in greed. However some people have raffles or lotteries that are for the purposes of fund raising. I went to college courtesy of a scholarship offered to New Mexicans through lottery revenues. I don't really participate in these things, but if somebody drops their pocket change in a slot machine or buys a lottery ticket when the jackpot is huge, I don't really care. It's not bad to wish for prosperity or to pray for it. God is infinite, ultimately we want to have a prosperous spirit and feel that infinity within ourselves. I wish to be wealthy and use my resources to help others. I already use what I've got to help, and if I get more I know that I can help even more.