Friday, September 02, 2005

Weekend

I usually don't update my blog on the weekend and this weekend will be no exception. I'm going camping this weekend. Monday is a holiday in the US and so I'll be out in the wilderness until Tuesday. I've spent a lot of time in the mountains in Northern New Mexico, but only in the last few years have I seen some of the places in the mountains in Southern New Mexico. Last year we went to a place called 'Turkey Creek' in the Gila wilderness in Southwestern New Mexico. We are going there again this weekend. It is a nice place with a river and hot springs. In several places the hot springs merge with the river. In one place where the river is as warm as a hot spring, there are also some rocks to jump off of. Most people have probably never been to a place where you can dive into hot springs!
Last year a whole group of us went and we had a lot of fun. We even did rehiras and meditations as a group in the evening. That is really cool when you can go into nature and have sangat. This year it is a smaller group, but it will still be a blast. Last year also some people got poison ivy, but this year I don't think it will happen. The hike to get to the hot springs involved crossing the river several times and even going through a couple caves. I'll try and get lots of pictures.

2 comments:

Sikhi Seeker said...

Have a wonderful trip!
Looking forward to the pics :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Prabhu,
Do people know about sikhs all over New Mexico or only around Santa Fe, Los Alamos, Espanola area?