Thursday, September 01, 2005

Snatam Kaur and Sopurkh Singh's engagement party

On Sunday evening there was a party for Snatam Kaur and Sopurkh Singh, to celebrate their engagement.

I snapped this photo as soon as I walked in the door.
Then I got this one.
Snatam Kaur about to enjoy the food they had. It was good food. Salad and lasagna and bread.
Brother of Snatam kaur and student at MPA.
Suraj Kaur :-)
Snatam speaking with Kamaljit Kaur. Next to Kamaljit Kaur is Harjot Kaur from Calgary I believe. I saw her in a kirtan DVD that I have. There is an ad for a new Bhai Harjinder Singh DVD and Harjot Kaur is in the background. After that I wanted to meet her and I got my chance on Sunday.
I just stuck my hand up in the air and took this photo. Somehow I managed to capture Snatam's Dad perfectly.
I love this baby! His name is Vasu Sukhmani Singh and his parents are awesome, good friends.
Siri Atma Kaur, still the boss!
Prabhu Jot Singh. I asked him to say cheese and I got the photo on the 'ch' part of cheese.
Rion accosting Sopurkh.
Sopurkh making gangster signs.
A view of the party.
Justinder Singh, I got him while he was eating again.
Siri Chand Singh and Siri Vishnu Singh had kurtas that were almost exactly alike.
Jagat Singh talking to Narayan Singh. These two Sikhs do so much seva, they are really good people and they're always up for a good laugh.

3 comments:

msingh said...

Prabhu Singh Ji the 'a view of the party' is a wonderful picture. Amazing how people seem to be much closer to each other when sitting on the floor compared to the usual 'tables and chairs' party. The whole atmosphere seems to be calmer and more relaxed.

Waheguru

Sikhi Seeker said...

The second pic of Snatam Kaur and her fiance is sweet. And the pic of Sri Vishnu Singh and Sri Chand singh is so cute! My Fav :) Suraj Kaur looks radiant.
Beautiful party.
Cheers!

Hari Singh said...

Wonderful, wonderful pictures, Thanks for sharing.