Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Friday night and Saturday morning

On Friday Hari, Sita, and I drove half way to our destination and stayed at a ranch near a small town called Datil. We stayed there for half of Saturday as well.
Most sunset pictures I get have really deep colors, this one has pastels
Parts of New Mexico get really green during monsoon season.
Rain in the distance, the interstate in the foreground (I-25).

Saturday Morning:
The ants destroyed all grass nearby their mound while building the mound.

A piñon nut that has sprouted and is starting a new piñon tree.
A spider web that held rain drops from the night before
Interesting flowers.
Flowers that are both purple and blue, with some rocks that were laying nearby.
Can you spot three mushrooms in this picture?
This mushroom displaced the dirt that it was growing from.
Purple flower.

You can see the roof of the cabin we stayed in.

The saw-tooth mountains.
We stayed in the cabin on the right.
A view from the heights.
Is it grass? Actually wild onions, taste these stalks and you'll know right away.
Nice view.
Some of the onions which have flowered.
What am I holding here? Is it a flower, look at the bottom you'll see an onion.

The background didn't come out as well as I wanted it to, there is a whole field of flowers behind the second tree in the background.
Hari standing in front of a really old alligator juniper.
Close up of the bark, showing why it's called an 'alligator' juniper.

7 comments:

Gurinder Singh said...

Excellent snaps Prabhu Singh ji, you seem to have had a very refreshing time. Keep blogging.

Anonymous said...

What I find most inspiring aobut your blog is how you have shown me (and possibly many others) to bring and maintain balance in life. I find it very motivating to see how you handle Sikhi, work, and play together. Thank you for showing us how you live your life.

-Tajinder

Sat Purkh Kaur Khalsa said...

You'll have to become a taxonomist Prabhu, in addition to your many other interests, so that you can name all these wildflowers you take such lovely pictures of....That blue is amazing.

Anonymous said...

Prabhu, do you wear the Karra on your left hand because you're a lefty? or is there something more to it? please do enlighten :)

-isingh

Prabhu Singh said...

I wear a kara on my right and left. They are both stainless steel and have some weight to them. I feel their weight on both my hands and they remind me of shackles. I want to be a slave to God alone and never to the five theives.
I am ambidextrous though!

Sikhi Seeker said...

You are ambidextrous?!?!?! Was it a conscious effort? I don't really understand how people end up ambidextrous or even more as to how they achieve it.
But bravo!

Prabhu Singh said...

I'm mostly right-handed, but I naturally use my left for a few things. I can do anything with my left, unless it feels natural for me to do with my left though, I have to practice it.
I used to tie a lefty turban, but then I switched.