Friday, September 23, 2005

Agan Bayth

Unfortunately it was raining and everybody was moving so some of my shots came out blurry.
Gurvinder Singh and Hari Singh are carrying the ashes.
Here they are again with Sita.
This is what it looked like being there.



Doing an ardas in the wind and rain, before letting go of the ashes. Nirmal Singh the Granthi in New Orleans is leading the ardas. I really like Nirmal he is really great. He doesn’t speak much English and I really don’t speak Punjabi, but we were still able to enjoy each other’s company when doing banis and kirtan together. He kept speaking to me in Punjabi, but I kept not understanding. Someday…
The ashes going from the platform down into the river.

You can see the bridge and the Mississippi River in the background.

3 comments:

Sikhi Seeker said...

Ashes and Ardaas - I can kinda make sense. But can you give some details of what's going on?

Prabhu Singh said...

I guess I forgot to explain. :-)
There was more than one bir ji at the Gurdwara. Many people know the story of the bir ji that was recovered without any damage, but there was another and some nit nayms and other things that were damaged. These were creamated before I got there. The ashes were in a pot and so we took them to the Mississippi river and let them go. It was an amazing experience.

Sikhi Seeker said...

Oh...how kind! You are blessed!
(thanks for the details!)

Satnam Waheguru!!!