Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Siri Singh Sahib Birthday Celebration

Here are the pictures from the party on Saturday night.


The table I was sitting at.
Suraj Kaur, with a little baby jura.
Saribjot Singh, a very bright child.
Abinashi Singh (who was upset that I got a photo of him on the phone) and Hargobind Singh. In case you can't tell, Abinashi is extremely tall.
The younger brother of the Hargobind above, who looks so much like him and is also named Hargobind.
There wasn't enough room in the main hall for everybody so they had tables set up in other room with the program being broadcast into the other rooms.
Uttam Kaur and another kid I don't know.
Students at Miri Piri Academy. One is Guru Mittar Kaur from here and the other I got her name, but it has slipped my mind. (There were a lot of people there that night).
Ravijit Singh, total cutey.

Dharam Singh (brother of Gurumustuk) and Mukia Jethedar Amrit Singh.
I couldn't get great pictures from where I was sitting so I took pictures of the screen. This is former govenor of New Mexico Bruce King. He is a really nice man whom I've met a number of times. My mom used to work in public relations so I've met a lot of politicians in my lifetime, including the current govenor of New Mexico who couldn't make it this time.
Ben Lujan, the speaker of the house in New Mexico, he lives near the Gurdwara.
Kamaljit Kaur daughter of Siri Singh Sahib and Bibiji, along with her two brothers and their wives.
Kulbir Singh, son of Siri Singh Sahib.
Childeren and children-in-law of Siri Singh Sahib and Bibiji.
Sat Pal Singh, husband of Kamaljit Kaur, and Ranbir and Kubir in the background.
Sat Pal Singh.
Ranbir Singh eldest Son of Siri Singh Sahib and Bibiji.
Manpreet Bawa and his wife Parnita.
This man introduced the 'woman of peace' he has a peace organization based in Santa Fe and (this is funny) is the manager who launched Yanni's career.
Guru Sadhana Kaur presenting a 'woman of peace' award which is a yearly award given by peace cereal, a Sikh run company which donates profits from their cereal sales to peace organizations.
AmritJot and Fateh (grandson of the Siri Singh Sahib, son of Ranbir).
Yet another shot of Amar!
Hari, Sita, and Balwinder.
Angad Singh (eldest grandson of the Siri Singh Sahib, son of Ranbir), with Ram Das Singh, son of Gurbani and Kartar (pictured below).
Me and Ravi (leadership by turban).
BibiJi speaking at the event.
AmritJot Singh saying hello. ;-)
Sukhmani Kaur, Sat Purkh Kaur, and Suraj Kaur.
Kartar Singh and Gurbani Kaur
Sat Pavan Kaur from Chile and Panch Nishan Kaur.
Harimandir Kaur and Simran Singh (from the Wheeler peak pictures).
Amrit Singh making a funny face.
Ek Ong Kar Kaur, I got another person on their cell.
Fateh Singh, a student at Miri Piri Academy
Tres Amigas de Mexico.
Yet another shot of 'irony'. I'm taking a picture of the screen, while Lakhmi Chand and others are pointing the camera at me and Hari.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow, loadsa pics, thanx for sharing

Bhaji i think the pics of young Singhs in bana keeping their beards & wicked Dastaars are SOO inspiring... keep them coming

hopefully Waheguru Ji will do kirpa on me someday so i may wear Bana too, but i don't feel im worthy of wearing bana just yet

So keep the pics of especially the Youth :-)

Thank you Bahji
God Bless

Hari Singh said...

Wonderful photos but Prabhu you NEED a new camera. If/When I win the lottery, I will send you one! Keep up the good work. It's delightful to know what our American Brothers & Sisters are doooing! Stay in ChardiKala

Prabhu Singh said...

This is a new camera. I just got it in July. The week I started my blog. Most of the blurred pictures are because I'm moving my hand a little bit. This camera does take good action shots, if there is good light. This camera takes good shots of still items, my shots of scenery show the best features of this camera. I'm still not totally familiar with all the features, so I'm occasionally using the wrong setting and the image doesn't come out as nice is it should.

Hari Singh said...

Oops! Didn't realise it was so new! Sorryyyyyyy about that. I was just wondering why some of the picture are blur? Is it due to camera shake or is the shutter speed too slow or is the ISO setting too low? Just trying to help - because the subject matter is top class it would be excellent to have sharp photos. Anyway if and when I do win the lottery I will get you one of these professional 8M jobs! Keep up the good work and look forward to seeing you with GMS next year/time in the UK.

Prabhu Singh said...

I don't know what ISO is or what 8M is. There's got to be a better way for getting shots. The main problem with this camera is that it can take a while to get a picture (the subject may have moved) and if you use the flash, which never creates a blurry picture, it takes a while to 'refresh' or whatever it is doing to get ready for the next picture. I need a camera that I can just point and shoot and take lots of shots without having to wait. If you know of a good camera that takes really good action shots, I will consider buying it. My blog is getting quite a viewing and you all deserve the best!