Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Driving home from work yesterday

I'm continually amazed at how well some pictures come out, even though I'm driving. I took some of these and Balwinder Bhaiji took a few as well. It's not that safe to be taking pictures while driving. You pretty much just have to hold the camera and push the button and hope that you got something good. Otherwise you'd have to take your eyes off the road (not a good idea).
I took this picture by sticking my hand out the window and aiming the camera backwards.
Same technique.
One more time.




I wanted to get this one central ray of sunshine which came through.



The rays of sunshine are quite visible in this picture.


View through the windshield of the valley on the way home from work.
A view of the valley on the way home from work. Coming down the mountain. This view never looks the same. Always something about the time of day, the clouds in the sky, the rain or snow, or lack of moisture, anything and everything, makes this expansive view different every day. I cannot drive home from work without thinking of God's beautiful creation.


A view of the San Ildefonso and Santa Clara Pueblo lands, with Black Mesa in the center.


Black Mesa, this feature has a lot of history to it. Originally it was formed thousands of years ago when lava from the Valle Grande (A huge, I think second largest in the world, volcano which lies dormant) up in the Jemez mountains. It has also played a part in the history of the local Tewa people.
Black Mesa in the foreground and the Sangre's in the background.
A view of the Sangre De Cristo mountains from the Santa Clara Pueblo.
A view of the sky as we approach Española
Crossing the Rio Grande in Española. There are three bridges in town.
This road is right off the main street in Española, I don't know why they don't pave it. Off of this road is another dirt road which I live on.
To the right of this road is the Santa Cruz River, a tributary to the Rio Grande. I grew up walking along this river and swimming in its waters. I also grew up using water from this river for irrigating.

No comments: