Thursday, July 21, 2005

Check it out!

Well I finally placed an order for a dilruba.


Well it was pretty costly, but who can put a price on my ability to learn a traditional Sikh instrument? For those who don't know me, I'm well trained in many western instruments, starting with Piano when I was 6, but I now have the opportunity to learn traditional raag and I want to do so badly. Maybe someday I will get a chance to put an audio recording on this blog of me doing kirtan with this instead of a harmonium.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratz bhaji, as we know Shabds are written in raag, so to sing Shabds in raag is to be doing kirtan in hukam, the way Guru ji wanted it to be.

Anyway kirtan even the normal way is fine cuz its still Gurbani, as long as its done from the heart.

But to be honest , raag kirtan is amazing and can't be matched

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Anonymous said...

4got to say Good Luck with the dilruba.

I like to think of it as the shaster that fights the battle within.

Waheguru ji Ka Khalsa
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh